Sunday, December 9, 2012

Mary's Prayer


Oh Heavenly Father,

As I sit here tonight, I wonder, why me?
 How am I equipped to do this thing, which I am so obviously called to do?
As I ponder this, I know it really does not matter.
 Here I am, holding this magnificent baby boy.
When he looks up at me, the whole world melts away.
 I get lost in his love.
It’s almost like he IS love.
I want you to know Father, that I will do my best to raise your son.
 I will feed him, and change him, and sing him to sleep.
I will do all the things that you cannot do here on earth.
But Father, don’t ask me not to love him, because I already do.
He holds my heart in those tiny little fingers.
No matter what tomorrow holds for us,
this future king will always be my little boy.
Written by
Trish McAllister
December 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment