Sunday, November 18, 2012

Our Own Slice of Heaven

Am I living each day as though it were a gift from God? Am I doing what I can to achieve heaven on earth? I think my answer is like most peoples, "no" with a touch of "yes" sprinkled in occasionally. I can't imagine how awesome it would be if I got up every morning with Heaven in my heart, and then let that shine through my day. Wouldn't that be a place everyone would want to live?

Instead my day is filled with complaints about the weather and a certainty that I will win the lottery...even though I don't play. Did Jesus really die on the cross so I could fill my evenings watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills? Although, after an hour of watching that show, my life seems pretty boring.

My first step toward a heavenly life, is making each decision as though Jesus is with me. I know it may sound cliche', but thinking to myself "What would Jesus do in this situation?" works for me. I just need to start doing it more often. I can think of so many heart aches that I could have avoided if I just would have applied those 7 little words. I may not be able to correct the past, but I certainly can influence the future by controlling my own actions.

What are everyone else's thoughts on making Holton the next best thing to Heaven? What would you do?????



3 comments:

  1. What if the goal of our life, the place of the most thankful life and full life was found in living in communion with whats at our very soul - the living God through Jesus! Now that would best be heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many opportunities to serve in our community - look for these opportunities with a heart that is open to service. People need to be touched by Christ's Shining Light - we can reflect that light, starting with a smile and acknowledgment. Does someone just need to be heard - to feel cared for? Start there ...

    ReplyDelete