Sunday, November 25, 2012

Authentic Relationship

What does an authentic relationship with God look like? Do only monks and nuns get to experience a first hand relationship with the creator of the universe? If I can master Facebook, surely I can talk with God....can't I? The good news is that everyone can have that relationship. The real question is, do you want it?

Are you ready to take that step of faith and pray "not my will, but your will be done"?  How about "I turn my life over to you Lord." The problem with praying those 8 words, God never thinks small. He doesn't know how. So when you pray that prayer, you are giving up on the illusion of control. You can plan, and plot, and schedule all you want, but at any minute your life could completely change course. I can pretty much guarantee that you won't see it coming, but I can also guarantee that it will be spectacular.

We also have to remember, that spectacular to God is not the same as it is to you and me. Material gain is not that high on Gods wish list. An inner piece, a changed heart, and a relationship with each and every one of His children...now that's a wish list. Let's stop trying to fill the void in our life with IPads and XBoxes. What a great time of year to embark on a new adventure with God. Give Him your life, you won't be sorry.





No comments:

Post a Comment