Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Lenten Project


I have been thinking a lot about Lent this year. I don’t know why, so it must be a God thing. I can’t shake the idea that God wants me to do something, but what? Eat fish on Fridays, give up Diet Coke, or maybe just go to an extra church service.

That just feels inadequate. What if this Lent marked the beginning of a new season in my life? What could I do to strengthen my relationship with Jesus, the one who gave up everything for me? What if I finally decided to “let go and let God”?

Here is what I decided. For the 40 days of this Lenten season, I will focus on the self in self-denial. I give Jesus free reign in my heart, my head, and my soul. What better sacrifice than the very thing we all cling to, control.

But I really don’t want to do this alone, so I ask you all to join me. I will be blogging my daily progress and I would love for you all to share your experiences in the comments section. After all, wherever two or more gather online, He is with us…..or something like that.

 So, join me in a change of focus, where the one life that we will be changing is our own.

3 comments:

  1. Great idea Church Lady! I too am going public with something I have simply decided is been getting in the way of fuller presence of God's embrace. So Ill joiin you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I am going to start up my prayer walk again. When we read the book about "circle makers" I did a prayer walk at work each morning I got there. I prayed for my colleagues, students and the whole school. I got out of the habit this year so I started it back up this morning. Also I am going to start writing in my prayer/gratitude journal again. I also got lazy and stopped doing that. AND I am not going to play on my phone at night instead of reading. Reading it's more important. Thanks for this opportunity to challenge myself in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awsome! Keep checking in so we know how it's going. The phone thing is a big problem at our house, so I know how you feel.

      Delete