Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Lenten Project: Day 9

Yesterday was a terrible day at work. The kind of day that makes you go to your car at lunch and cry. But in those tears, there was healing. And, of course, God and I had a long talk. It went something like "I can't do this anymore". He just listened. I said "What am I supposed to do". He just listened. I say nothing and the tears just fell. He listened even more.


Days like yesterday are hard. Not just for us, but for God too. He hates to see his children upset. And even though it would be so easy for Him just to wave his hand and make it all go away, He knows He won't.


He just listens.


It's in His listening that I get encouragement. It's in His listening that I feel hope. And it's in his listening that I get answers.


On day 9, I just want to say thank you to God for listening.







No comments:

Post a Comment