Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Lenten Project: Day 15

I thought I should check in. We haven't talked much the last few days. I have had tons going on at work and home is always crazy. (Sometimes good crazy, sometimes bad crazy.) But y'all don't want to hear about that, you want to hear about day 15.


15 sounds like such a big number.


15 is a big number if your talking about the number of kids you have. 15 is a small number if it's the number of dollars you won in the lottery. And 15 is a bad number if it is the seed of your team in the bracket. But what is 15 to me?


If I had to sum up my experience thus far in one word, it would be good.


Good can sound underwhelming, but it was sufficient for Genesis 1:31. "God saw all that he made, and it was very good..."


The past couple of weeks I have prayed just like always, but somehow God and I seem closer. There are brief moments of intimacy that I can't even describe, but I really don't want to. Those moments have been few, but they are forever mine.


And they were very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment