Monday, March 10, 2014

The Lenten Project: Day 6

Today, the words of a great philosopher keep running through my mind. It goes something like "I would do anything for love, I'd run right into hell and back. I would do anything for love, I would never lie to you and that's a fact. I would do anything for love, but I won't do that." The Philosopher's name is Meatloaf, and it still rings true today.


You see, I think every single one of us have a "but I won't do that" with God. It's the thing that's rarely spoken. That's why it is so dangerous, we justify it away.


About a year ago mine went to the tune of "I'm not a morning person, God couldn't want me to go to a small group before 7:00 am....in the morning....every week." And yet I kept having this feeling that I should go. Today, that group means the world to me. I can't imagine my life without them and I dread the weeks that I have to miss.


What else am I missing out on because I know better than God??? I have reflected on this all day and still don't know. To be honest, it's probably not one thing, but a list longer than a giraffe's neck. But it feels good to have it on my radar. It's not that I have to say yes to every offer that's made, more like I know to look for the ache when I do say no. With prayer, reflection, and a little Holy Spirit thrown in, I will have something way better than any Meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment