Sunday, November 4, 2012

Language of love

Let me start out by saying how truly blessed we are to have Hector and Sherri as a part of the Evangel family. They bring something to the church that I can't explain. They are the ying to our yang, the ice cream to our pie. (Ooh, Sorry Pastor Dennis, you probably want to be the ice cream and Hector be the pie. I digress.) Having both Pastor Dennis and Pastor Hector is a dream come true.

I came to this realization on Saturday night as Hector and Sherri delivered the message as one. It was a rhythmic and fluid, not unlike the music we had just heard. It was beautiful. Gods message being communicated in Spanish and English. I have no doubt that this is music to God's ears.

Even when he is not giving the sermon for the week, Sherri is in the back translating the word of God for young families. Do we have any idea how blessed we are? These families will be impacted for generations, just because we opened our doors and our hearts to them. We need to love them and welcome them, so that they see a glimpse of Jesus's love in us. Join me in embracing the new language of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment