Monday, October 22, 2012

Can you Imagine????

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.      Ephesians 3 14-17 NIV

Filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. I can't even imagine...or can I ???

Most days, I just stumble through. But every once in a while, I feel like I am on it. You know the feeling, like you really, really, really, need to go buy a lottery ticket. There was nothing special about the day, I was just glad to be alive and in the spirit. I stopped by the church office at lunch and decided to stick my head in Pastor's office to say hi. We got to talking about the different bible studies that we have in the works. The more we talked about it, the better I felt. By the time I left, I was on cloud nine. Just the thought of what God would do in our lives,  had put me there.

This is just a taste of Ephesians 3.

Can you imagine what we could accomplish if we were filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Is there a unit of measure to describe the love of our Saviour? I don't know about you, but I want Ephesians 3 all of the time. I want that kind of love to take over my life. More than anything, I want to become the person that God created me to be. The only way to do that, is to fully submit to God. Freedom can be found in that submission. Discover that freedom for yourself, and see what God has in store for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment