Sunday, September 30, 2012

Life in the Desert

As we bring this sermon series to an end, I can't help but think....is unforgiveness our own personal 40 years in the desert? Are we really that different than the Israelites? They were disobedient to God, but isn't unforgiveness just as bad? How many years are we going to wonder around before we realize that God's way is the only way? If unforgiveness is the desert, then forgiveness is the promised land!!

I remember as a young married person, spouting off how I deserved better than... (you can pretty much fill in the blank there. My delusions knew no boundaries) The problem is, society backed this up. We are constantly being told that we deserve happiness. What society does not tell us is that no man or woman can bring that happiness. We will never be truly happy (or forgiving) until we make Christ the focus of our life.

I think Pastor Dennis hit the nail on the head when he said prayer can bring that healing forgiveness that we all need. Prayer always helps....always. I don't think anyone will argue that forgiveness is not easy, but hanging on that cross wasn't easy. Jesus died to get me out of the proverbial desert, so why would I put myself back there. After all, I think I have a hankerin' for some milk and honey!



No comments:

Post a Comment