Saturday, February 2, 2013

Praying it Forward

Tonight, Pastor Dennis brought our sermon series on prayer full circle. We have spent 4 weeks circling or dreams, fears, and concerns in prayer. As we bring our "circle" to a close, I can't help but wonder "was I ever the center of a circled prayer?"

I have no doubts that the answer is yes. My teenage years alone, sent my mother to the hair color isle in Wal-Mart before the age of 40.  It's an interesting thought, isn't it? To think that someone would invest their time and energy praying for little ole me.

Just for a moment, let's think. Maybe, just maybe, we are still here on this earth because of someones circled prayer for us. Or more to the point, maybe we are living a life of victory, with Jesus Christ as center because of their prayers.

The next time I start to doubt if prayer really works, I have a plan. I think I will just look in the mirror. No, I won't just look in the mirror..... I will look in the mirror, thank mom, then hit my knees and pray for my own daughter.

Now that's what I call "praying it forward".

No comments:

Post a Comment